Altera: The Logical Choice for Logic Devices
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Altera is a leading provider of programmable logic devices (PLD)—electronic components used to build reconfigurable digital circuits. Established in 1984 with the creation of the industry’s first reprogrammable logic device, Altera supports a number of end markets with its array of hardware—including automotive, broadcast, industrial, medical, test & measurement, and military. Altera employs a 2,600-strong workforce spanning 19 countries. Altera primarily produces its parts via its partner Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) based in Hsinchu Science and Industrial Park—the largest pure-play semiconductor foundry in the world. However, just last year, Altera and Intel struck a foundry deal together.
For the fiscal year 2013, Altera reported US$1.73 billion in revenues coming from over 12,000 customers. Altera has had the following recent highlights:
- In 2014, Fuji Xerox recognized Altera as a 2014 Premier Partner for the second year in a row.
- In 2014, General Dynamics C4 Systems named Altera the 2014 Defender of the Year for its part in supporting General Dynamic’s latest two-channel secure voice radio being built for the US Army’s Soldier’s Network program.
Altera operates technology centers in the following domestic and international locations:
- Austin, Texas
- San Jose, California
- Hampton, New Jersey
- Aswan, Egypt
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- High Wycombe, United Kingdom
- Newfoundland, Canada
- Toronto, Canada
- Shanghai, China
Altera’s portfolio of products includes the following hardware solutions:
- Arria FPGAs: The mid-range family of Arria field-programmable gate arrays provide an even harmony of performance, power, and price. Performing at 20nm, they possess 96 transceiver lanes that deliver 3.6 Tbps of serial bandwidth.
- Cyclone FPGAs: The Cyclone family of FPGAs are the lowest in cost and power, making them ideal for high-data, cost-sensitive purposes.
- Stratix FPGAs: The Stratix family of FPGAs are the highest in density and bandwidth, making them perfect for high-end purposes.
- MAX CPLDs: The MAX family of complex programmable logic devices comes equipped with on-chip flash storage and an internal oscillator.
- HardCopy ASICs: The HardCopy family of application-specific integrated circuits is the industry’s only 40-nm system-capable ASICs engineered with an FPGA-based design flow.
ASAP Semiconductor is a premiere supplier of Altera solutions. Prospective customers can browse our extensive stock of both obsolete and current-production Altera parts ranging from accessories to resistors to integrated circuits and more. Please feel free to contact our knowledgeable sales staff at firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.