Analogic Corporation : Protecting National Interests Through Imaging
Headquartered in Peabody, Massachusetts, Analogic Corporation is a premiere designer and manufacturer of advanced imaging equipment—be it for medical imaging, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), digital mammography, ultrasound or explosives detection. Established in 1967, Analogic Corporation’s nearly 50 years of experience in the advanced imaging field includes creating the world’s first instant imaging computed tomography system scanner, and developing the first logarithmic analog-to-digital converter.Analogic Corporation has landed the following contracts:
- In 2009, L-3 Security & Detection Systems awarded Analog a US$16.1 million order for Explosives Detection Systems (EDSs)—primarily, the eXaminer 3DX and SX systems. The 3DX and SX possess smaller footprints than other baggage inspection systems, and feature the latest computed tomography (CT) technology which produces high-resolution, 3D, color images in real time.
- In 2008, L-3 Communications Security and Detection Systems granted Analog a US$6.9 million contract for the eXaminer XLB (eXtra Large Bore) high-speed, automatic, inline baggage screening system. This contract is part of an overall US$10.5 million grant from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) to L-3 to get the screening system operationally ready.
- In 2005, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) awarded Analog a US$2.42 million contract to produce the next-generation checked baggage explosive detection system.
- Vancouver, Canada: Design Facility for Point-of-Care Ultrasound Systems
- State College, Pennsylvania: Design and Manufacturing Facility for Ultrasound Transducers
- Canton, Massachusetts: Engineering Facility for Motion Control Products
- Montreal, Canada: Design and Manufacturing Facility for Mammography Detectors
- Peabody, Massachusetts: Highly-Automated Manufacturing and Design Facility for Medical and Security Products
- Copenhagen, Denmark: Design Facility for Urology, Surgical, and Ultrasound Systems
- Shanghai, China: Low-Cost Supply Chain Manufacturing Facility for Emerging Markets